An oil catch can is used in turbo, or high-performance applications where blow-by (leaking past the piston rings) of air and fuel vapor occurs. This creates positive pressure in the crankcase. During engine operation blow-by gases, as well as oil mist from the rotating components of engine, pass through the pcv valve and is routed back in the intake. Over time this forms a gunk (carbon build up). The oil catch can collects this oil and fuel vapor and condenses it, allowing cleaner gases to be passed back into the intake.
Benefits of fitting a oil catch can
- Prevents oil and carbon deposits forming around the intake manifold.
- Stops oil build up in intercooler.
- Catch oil and sludge to lengthen the life of the engine.
- Prolong your rubber boost pipes
- Keeps EGR valve clean
Features of the Loco Can oil catch can:
- Kit comes complete with brackets, hoses, screws and is completely DIY.
- Oil catch can works with a stainless steel filter that last for ever.
- Dual oil separator stages.
Kits are available for a wide variety of vehicles including:
- Toyota D4D (incl. V8)
- Toyota GD6
- Ford Ranger (incl. Raptor)
- Volkswagen Amarok
- Isuzu D-teq and D-Max
- Mitsubishi Triton
- Nissan Navara
- Land Rover Puma and TD5
- Jeep Wrangler CRD